MOBILE APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS END USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING OR USING THE CELL LINQ MOBILE APPLICATION ("APPLICATION") ACCOMPANYING THIS LICENSE. BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING OR USING THE APPLICATION, LICENSEE IS ENTERING INTO AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT CLICK THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON OR DOWNLOAD OR USE THE APPLICATION.
2. License Grant and Restrictions on Use.
2.1 License Grant. Company grants a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use the Application on a single Mobile Device owned and controlled by Licensee and to access and use the Application on such Mobile Device strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License, the Usage Rules and any service agreement associated with Licensee's Mobile Device (collectively Related Agreements).
2.2 Restrictions on Use. Licensee use the Application strictly in accordance with the terms of the Related Agreements and shall not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the Application; (b) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Application; (c) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Licensee's access or use of the Application; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of Company or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or the licensors of the Application; (e) use the Application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (f) install, use or permit the Application to exist on more than one Mobile Device at a time or on any other mobile device or computer not owned by Licensee or Licensee’s business; (g) distribute the Application to multiple Mobile Devices; (h) make the Application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple Mobile Devices or users at the same time; (i) use the Application for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product or software offered by Company; (j) use the Application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; or (k) use any proprietary information or interfaces of Company or other intellectual property of Company in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any applications, accessories or devices for use with the Application.
3. Intellectual Property Rights.
3.1 Rights to Application. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Application and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Company. Furthermore, Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the source and object code of the Applications and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Application are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Company and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly stated in this License, Licensee is not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Application by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Application not expressly granted in this License are hereby reserved and retained by Company.
3.2 Third Party Software. The Application may utilize or include third party software that is subject to open source and third party license terms ("Third Party Software"). Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Licensee’s right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Application is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open source or third party license applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, license terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this License and the terms of such open source or third party licenses, the terms of the open source or third party licenses shall control with regard to Licensee’s use of the relevant Third Party Software. In no event, shall the Application or components thereof be deemed to be "open source" or "publicly available" software.
3.3 Company’s Marks. Licensee is not authorized to use the Company trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Company, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
3.4 Infringement Acknowledgement. Licensee and Company acknowledge and agree that, in the event of a third party claim that the Application in Licensee’s possession or use of the Application infringes any third party's intellectual property rights, Licensee (and not Company) will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such claim of intellectual property infringement. Licensee will, however, promptly notify Company in writing of such a claim.
4. Restriction on Transfer. Licensee may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense, or transfer the Application, this License or any of the rights granted hereunder. Any attempted transfer in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect
5. Use of Information.
5.1 Consent to Use Information. Licensee hereby authorizes and consents to the collection, storage, and use, by Company and its affiliates, partners and agents, of any information and data related to or derived from Licensee’s use of the Application, and any information or data that Licensee provides to Company and its affiliates, partners and licensors ("Information"). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Information shall include, without limitation, the following types of information and data, in an aggregate (not user level) form: search requests, search results, patterns, data and suggestions based on user actions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensee shall not provide or disclose and the Information shall not include any information or data that is personally identifiably to Licensee. The Information will be treated as being non-confidential and nonproprietary, and Company assumes no obligation to protect confidential or proprietary information (other than personally identifiable information) from disclosure and will be free to reproduce, use, and distribute the Information to others without restriction. Company will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the Information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products and services incorporating such Information.
6. Third Party Content and Services.
6.1 General. Licensee acknowledges that the Application permits access to products, services, websites, advertisements, promotions, recommendations, advice, information, and materials created and provided by advertisers, publishers, content partners, marketing agents, vendors and other third parties ("Third Party Content and Services").
6.2 Disclaimer. Licensee acknowledges that Company does not investigate, monitor, represent or endorse the Third Party Content and Services (including any third party websites available through the Application). Furthermore, Licensee’s access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services is at Licensee’s sole discretion and risk, and Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to Licensee arising out of or in connection with Licensee’s access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services. Company hereby disclaims any representation, warranty or guaranty regarding the Third Party Content and Services, whether express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and any representation, warranty or guaranty regarding the availability, quality, reliability, features, appropriates, accuracy, completeness, or legality of the Third Party Content and Services.
6.3 Third Party Terms of Service. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Licensee’s access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services and any correspondence or business dealings between Licensee and any third party located using the Application are governed by and require Licensee’s acceptance of the terms of service of such third party, including, without limitation, any terms, privacy policies, conditions, representations, warranties or disclaimers contained therein. Furthermore, Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Third Party Content and Services and any related third party terms of service are subject to change by the applicable third party at its sole discretion and without any notice. Licensee assumes all risks arising out of or resulting from Licensee’s transaction of business over the Internet and with any third party, and Licensee agrees that Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers, and licensors are not responsible or liable for any loss or result of the presence of information about or links to such advertisers or service providers. Furthermore, Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Licensee is not being granted a license to (i) the Third Party Content and Services; (ii) any products, services, processes or technology described in or offered by the Third Party Content and Services; or (iii) any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the Third Party Content or Services or any products, services, processes or technology described or offered therein.
6.4 Endorsements. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the provision of access to any Third Party Content and Service shall not constitute or imply any endorsement by Company or its affiliates of such Third Party Content and Services. Company reserves the right to restrict or deny access to any Third Party Content and Services otherwise accessible through the Application, although Company has no obligation to restrict or deny access even if requested by Licensee.
6.5 Inappropriate Materials. Licensee understands that by accessing and using the Third Party Content and Services, Licensee may encounter information, materials and subject matter (i) that Licensee or others may deem offensive, indecent, or objectionable; (ii) which may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and (iii) that automatically and unintentionally appears in search results, as a link or reference to objectionable material. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensee agrees to use the Third Party Content and Services at Licensee’s sole risk and that Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to Licensee for information, material or subject matter that is found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
6.6 Use of Third Party Content and Services. Licensee agrees that the Third Party Content and Services contain proprietary information and material that is owned by Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including, without limitation, pursuant to copyright, and that Licensee will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Third Party Content and Services. No portion of the Third Party Content and Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. Licensee agrees not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Third Party Content and Services, in any manner, and Licensee shall not exploit the Third Party Content and Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including, without limitation, by trespass or burdening network capacity. Licensee agrees that Licensee will not use any Third Party Content and Services in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that Company is not in any way responsible for any such use by Licensee.
7. Term and Termination.
7.1 Term. This License shall be effective until terminated.
7.2 Termination. Company may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded to Licensee hereunder with or without prior notice. Furthermore, if Licensee fails to comply with any terms and conditions of this License, then this License and any rights afforded to Licensee hereunder shall terminate automatically, without any notice or other action by Company. Upon the termination of this License, Licensee shall cease all use of the Application and uninstall the Application.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. LICENSEE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN AS IS' AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS, AND THAT LICENSEE’S USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSED THEREBY IS AT LICENSEE’S SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES REGARDING THE APPLICATION AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL MEET LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY LICENSEE THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET LICENSEE’S EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONENT AND SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY LICENSEE FROM COMPANY OR FROM THE APPLICATION SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY. FURTHERMORE, LICENSEE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT COMPANY HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT OR MAINTAIN THE APPLICATION.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH LICENSEE’S ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, COMPANY'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO LICENSEE (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10. Indemnification. LICENSEE shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with the following: (i) LICENSEE’S access to or use of the Application or Third Party Content and Services; (ii) LICENSEE’S breach of this License; (iii) LICENSEE’S violation of law; (iv) LICENSEE’S negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) LICENSEE’S violation of the rights of a third party, including the infringement by LICENSEE of any intellectual property or misappropriation of any proprietary right or trade secret of any person or entity. These obligations will survive any termination of the License.
11. Compatibility. Company does not warrant that the Application will be compatible or interoperable with LICENSEE’S Mobile Device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment, or device installed on or used in connection with LICENSEE’S Mobile Device. Furthermore, LICENSEE acknowledges that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of LICENSEE’S Mobile Device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent the damage to Your Mobile Device, loss of the data located on LICENSEE’S Mobile Device, and corruption of the software and files located on LICENSEE’S Mobile Device. LICENSEE acknowledges and agrees that Company and its affiliates, partners, suppliers, and licensors shall have no liability to LICENSEE for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
12. Product Claims. LICENSEE acknowledges that LICENSEE (not Company) is responsible for addressing any third party claims relating to LICENSEE’S use or possession of the Application, and agree to notify Company of any third party claims relating to the Application of which LICENSEE becomes aware. Furthermore, LICENSEE hereby releases Company from any liability resulting from LICENSEE’S use or possession of the Application, including, without limitation, the following: (i) any product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
13.1 Governing Law. This License shall be deemed to take place in the State of Utah and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, excluding its conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising from this License shall be adjudicated in the courts ofthe State of Utah. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
13.2 Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable with respect to a party, the remainder of this License, or the application of such provision to persons other than those to whom it is held invalid or unenforceable shall not be affected and each remaining provision of this License shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13.3 Waiver. Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation under this License shall not affect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
13.4 Export Control. LICENSEE may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the Application was obtained. LICENSEE represents and warrants that LICENSEE is not (x) located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a 'terrorist supporting' country, or (y) listed on any U.S. U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties including the Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. LICENSEE also agrees that LICENSEE will not use the Application for any purposes prohibited by United States law.
13.5 Modification or Amendment. Company may modify or amend the terms of this License by posting a copy of the modified or amended License on the Company Application EULA website. LICENSEE will be deemed to have agreed to any such modification or amendment by LICENSEE’S decision to continue using the Application following the date in which the modified or amended License is posted on the Company Application EULA website.
13.6 Survival. The following sections of this License and any other provisions of this License which by their express language or by their context are intended to survive the termination of this License shall survive such termination: 1, 2.2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13.
13.7 Assignment. Except as permitted in Section 4, LICENSEE shall not assign this License or any rights or obligations herein without the prior written consent of COMPANY and any attempted assignment in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
13.8 Entire Agreement. This License including the documents incorporated herein by reference constitute the entire agreement with respect to the use of the Application licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.