Posted on Fri Jun 17 2016
5 Reasons Professional Installation is a Must for Commercial Cell Signal Boosters
Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes
Whether it’s due to the frequency of dropped calls, poor indoor reception, or just generally unreliable signal, you’ve decided that it’s time to install a cell phone signal booster. After all, if better cell reception can lead to an uptick in workplace productivity and improved reception for every user regardless of their carrier, then it may be worthwhile for business growth as well as your own peace of mind.
Yet, installing a commercial-grade cell signal booster system is not a job to tackle on your own—or even something to delegate to your building’s maintenance team or your company’s IT department. Instead, go with a professional installer. Commercial cell signal amplifiers are powerful products with more components and stricter installation requirements than residential boosters. Relying on a trained installation professional ensures that you are following federal regulations, getting the best possible coverage , and making the most of the equipment itself.
Here are five reasons to rely on professionals to install your commercial cell signal booster system:
- They understand the nuances of frequency and signal strength. Trained and certified installation experts are experienced in detecting and maximizing radio frequencies specific to different carriers (like Verizon or AT&T) and services (like 3G voice and data). The performance of an entire booster system is based to some extent on the pre-existing signal strength of these frequencies. It can be challenging to find and isolate each one—especially when installing a wideband system designed to amplify all frequencies and all cell carrier signals at once. An experienced professional will be able to detect and fine-tune all radio frequencies in order to produce the strongest reception inside your building.
- They have the right tools for the job. Professional installers need a variety of tools in order to detect the existing cell signal strength and do a clean, professional job installing the booster system. The most reliable way to determine the strength of the existing signal is to take a strength reading in decibels (dBm) using a signal meter. This professional-grade handheld device detects and displays available signal frequency, bandwidth, and strength with absolute certainty, so installers can make the most informed decisions. Additionally, the installation may require some alterations to a ceiling, rooftop, or wall. Installers have the proper power tools and experience to ensure a clean installation and professional finished look.
- They know how to balance all the system components. Commercial cell signal booster systems require multiple components with customized installation requirements in order to broadcast the strongest indoor cell signal. For instance, installers will know how to determine how many amplifiers and antennas are needed based on square footage, building layout, and the existing signals from nearby towers. They’ll know precisely where to place the antennas and how to run the coaxial cable to connect them. Installers will also understand how long cable runs, use of signal splitters and in-line supplemental amplifiers will affect signal gains or losses, and they will be able to balance the entire booster system for maximum performance.
- They are trained to comply with federal regulations. Professional installers are trained and knowledgeable about the laws pertaining to cell signal booster technology, and know how to install equipment so that it complies with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or Industry Canada (IC) regulations. These government certifications provide assurance that cell signal boosters work as they are supposed to and don’t cause harmful interference on the cellular network.
- They’re professionals. Simply put, cell signal booster installers are professionals. They have been through rigorous training, background checks, and preparation for a variety of installation scenarios, meaning they can do a quicker, cleaner job in any type of building. If problems arise, they’ve likely seen them before and know how to resolve them. And many installers have a corporate team to back them up in situations where they need extra support.
When it comes to installing a cell signal booster system, the goal is to get a strong, reliable signal throughout the building and maximum performance from the equipment. Working with a professional ensures a clean, efficient installation, a hassle-free process, and high-quality performance so that everyone in the building can experience better cell reception. For those reasons, working with a professional installer is well worth it.
WilsonPro is known for its powerful commercial-grade cell signal booster systems, high-quality customer service, and reliable professional installer network. If you need to boost your cell signal, find a WilsonPro certified installer for your next commercial cell signal booster installation.